Monday 7 December 2015

Changes (And Would You Be Interested in Guest Posting?)


Hi everyone!  Hopefully you've noticed that my blog is looking quite a bit different!  I've been sitting on this new design for about a week, waiting for the right time to put it into place, and I've decided to implement it today.

I'm hoping there won't be any hitches, but if there's something that's not working quite right, please let me know!

I'm mostly happy with what I have designed, though I'm still not 100% happy with how the header and the completely white background go together.  I had a vision, and it hasn't quite lived up to that - but considering I'm not exactly a designer, I'm pretty happy that I managed to get this far.  I may be slightly altering it some time in the future - we'll see.

The last time I changed my blog completely was in January this year (2015), but then I changed the header image a few months ago.  This is what it looked like:


I'm still a little attached to the old look, but I think I'm ready to move on haha.

As well as these design changes, I've altered most of my pages too.

Now's probably a good time to add some credits - which you can also see on the "Credits" page on the blog.  I created the blog header and some of the other images you see around the place with a combination of two sets of images on Freepik - this one and this one.  My social media icons were obtained from Carrie Loves - I used the 'Cashmere Rose' set.  Pretty much everything else was made by me, using Canva!

Guest Posting

Another change I've made is introducing a guest posting page.  There you'll find a form that you can fill in if you're interested in guest posting here on Sabrina's Stories!  I'd love to have a guest post a month, but I'm not sure if the interest is there.  If the form makes you nervous, you can always direct message me on my Twitter!


So that's about all I wanted to say!  Thanks for reading Sabrina's Stories :)

2 comments:

  1. I really like the new design, especially the header and I think it looks nice with the white background because they blend together pretty nicely :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it, Noelia!
      It's slowly growing on me :)

      Delete

Related Posts
Back to Top