Tuesday 5 May 2015

Books I Will Probably Never Read - Top Ten Tuesday


This TTT (hosted by The Broke and the Bookish) is hard for me because I never really admit to myself when I have given up on reading a book.  I never make that final decision not to read it. However, I have managed to pick some books that I will probably never read.  Hence, I'm not committed to not reading them.






1.  Fifty Shades of Grey by E. L. James
It pained me to even have to download the image of this book.  This is just not my sort of book.  I've also heard from many sources that, without taking the subject matter into account, it's not a good book.

2.  Where She Went by Gayle Forman
I read If I Stay last year, and I wasn't as impressed by it as I was expecting to be.  I know that people say you'll like Where She Went if you didn't like If I Stay, but I just don't think I'm going to get around to it.

3.  The Host by Stephanie Meyer
I watched the movie for this book and I have to be honest and say that it didn't interest me all that much.  The book is also 600 or so pages, so that's a lot of time to invest into something that I might not necessarily like.  Another thing is that I think this is meant to have a sequel?  But I know that it hasn't been published after like, 5 years or something.  I don't want to finish this only to want the next book and have it never be released.

4.  The Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa
It's just been too long now since I read and was unaffected by The Iron King.





5.  Shadow Scale by Rachel Hartman
This kills me, because I enjoyed Seraphina.  But, I heard some distressing (to me) news about the ending of this book, which obviously I can't say due to spoilers, and now I don't want to read it.  It's very sad.

6.  Unhinged by A. G. Howard
Some parts of Splintered were cool, but for some reason I just couldn't love it.  I know I was in a bad reading place at the time I read it, and that could have been affecting my opinion, but I probably won't be picking up its sequel.

7.  Shadow Kiss by Richelle Mead
I said it.  I can keep saying that I'll get to this eventually, but I know the truth in my heart.  I'm not going to be continuing the Vampire Academy series.  If anything, I'll start the Bloodlines series instead.

8.  The New Hunger or any other Warm Bodies books by Isaac Marion
I didn't fall in love with Warm Bodies, though I did enjoy it.  I was happy with the way that it ended, so I don't see any need to read the other books.

That's my top ten eight books for this topic.  If I thought harder, I could probably come up with a couple other series that I'm not going to continue most likely, but I'm pretty sure I've talked about them all before.  Do you have any of these books on your list?

28 comments:

  1. I've been scared of Where She Went and If I Stay; I just get the feeling I won't like either. I've been tempted to buy them, but I just can't do it! :) Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had the same feeling - and I was right about If I Stay. You too!

      Delete
  2. I didn't even realise there were more books by Isaac Marion. I don't think I'll be picking up those. Great list. :-) My TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also out the rest of the Splintered series on my TTT, because in my opinion I enjoyed the way the book wrapped up and I feel if I continued the series I wouldn't love it as much as the first one!
    As well as the host, I actually watched the movie though and it was very good! so maybe in one day but I sadly doubt it!

    My TTT: http://simplybookishthings.blogspot.com/2015/05/top-ten-tuesday-5-ten-books-ill.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's another good point - it did finish quite nicely!
      I'm glad you enjoyed The Host movie :)

      Delete
  4. Fifty Shades of Grey seems to be very popular this week (for the wrong reasons!), it's on my list too.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/05/05/top-ten-tuesday-3/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I couldn't possibly imagine why...

      Delete
  5. I fully support your choice of not to read Fifty Shades. I read it. All the books. And I honestly don't know how I survived it without brain damage. I don't get why so many people love The Host, I read it just so I could see the movie and I honestly don't know which one was the worse. Also, I'd pick Twilight over The Host and that says it all. I'm sad you don't plan on continuing Vampire Academy but at least READ BLOODLINES it's amazing, at least the first four books are.
    Great list. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I am glad that you didn't get brain damage lol. And I'm happy to hear that I've made a good decision.
      Oh wow. Twilight over The Host? Definitely not picking it up now.
      Haha I will, I will.

      Delete
  6. I adored Seraphina and couldn't wait to read Shadow Scale, but it wasn't anything like the first book. It was tragic. I was absolutely distraught that the sequel could be so terrible in comparison to the first book which is an all time favourite. I agree with quite a few of the books that made it on here! 50 Shades is on a lot of lists this week!
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It hurts my heart to hear that Shadow Scale is not what I was hoping it to be. Thank you for reinforcing that I shouldn't read it.
      Haha, I've noticed that too.

      Delete
  7. Don't read Fifty Shades. To say this book is bad would be an understatement. I don't even know what the editors were thinking. It's so horribly written and I hate hating on books and authors but I will make an excpection with this one because I've actualy read the entire trilogy. I want my time back. Yes, it is addictive but it's the biggest crap out there and seeing people (young people) romanticizing this trilogy kills me. Abuse should not be romanticized. Period. People can read the trilogy alright but knowing that what you're reading is wrong, you know? Like, this is not a romance. This is a book about abuse.
    I tried reading The Host when it came out. I read three chapters. I put it down and I will not read it. Funny enough I didn't think about it while doing my list hahaha
    and if you don't wanna continue with The Vampire Academy series, then don't read the Bloodlines one. It's good but not as good in my opinion LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your insight, Noelia. I've heard that the writing is bad, but I never knew whether to trust the people saying it because they just hated the book's topic so much. It is awful to think that young girls could be reading this and thinking that it's okay - or perhaps even worse, young boys.
      It's strange, but until today I'd never heard anyone saying that they didn't like The Host. I'm glad now to have more reasons not to read it.
      *gasp!* In terms of the story? I think my biggest problem with VA was some of the characters rather than the concept, plot and writing.

      Delete
  8. I have Seraphina on my list of books that I want to read, now I'll have to rethink whether I will read Shadow Scale, I'm not into sad sequels. 50 Shades seems to be on a lot of lists, mine as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend Seraphina - it's one of my favourites, and I'm sure you could be content with reading it as a standalone if you decided you didn't want to read Shadow Scale.
      Well I'm happy to hear I'm not alone in picking 50 Shades!

      Delete
  9. The 50 Shades Trilogy made my list too!! Here's my TTT post for this week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2015/05/top-ten-tuesday-ten-books-i-will.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wanted to put Seraphina on my list! It's a loong book so I'm thankful you have the sequel on yours :) I definitely agree on 50 Shades. I have it on my list as well hahaha. This book is just a disaster! Why would they do that to us?! I loove this week's theme, I'm thinking of making this a thing and doing a post about the books that I won't be reading every once in a while because 10 is definitely not enough..

    YOU HAVE VA ON YOUR LIST! Yes!! I thought I was the only one especially because everybody and their mother loved this series so much. But to me, vampires are old news. I also agree on If I Stay, I probably will never read that one as well! Nevertheless, I'll be picking up I Was Here by Gale Foreman only to feed my curiosity on her writing style :)♥

    - Jumana @ http://booksbyj.blogspot.com/2015/05/top-ten-tuesday-3-ten-books-i-will.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seraphina is a long book, but it's also very good!
      A lot of people have 50 Shades on their lists! I can't imagine why...:P
      This week's theme is interesting. When I first read it, I didn't think of it as harsh, but I've noticed a lot of other people have! Either way, it's a topic that fuels a lot of conversation, so I think doing it every one in a while, as you say, would be a good idea.

      I thought I was the only one too! Exactly!
      I was interested in reading I Was Here at one point, but then I started seeing less than amazing reviews, so it's gone a little lower on my priority list. I hope you enjoy it though!

      Delete
  11. The Host was a waste of time, so be glad you didn't. Also I haven't read splintered yet, but I hope I do love it. Awesome Post!!
    Check out my Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good. I hope you enjoy Splintered too :)
      Thanks!

      Delete
  12. I definitely agree with your first three. I'm currently reading Unhinged and it's alright so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear that you are liking Unhinged!

      Delete
  13. I haven't read If I stay but it doesn't look like something I'd like neither would where she went. I also included 50 shades and The Host on my list.

    Tina, The Bookworm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should have listened to my gut when it told me that If I Stay wasn't something I would like, like you did. Happy to see we chose a couple of the same books!

      Delete
  14. Girl, Fifty Shades of Grey was horrible. Like seriously, don't even bother picking that up. You actually have a few books on your list that I myself wouldn't pick up either, although I'm very intrigued to read Seraphina and Shadow Scale! I'm just scared that the ending to SS is going to be sad :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I'm glad to hear that.
      I hope you do read Seraphina - I loved it.

      Delete

Related Posts
Back to Top