Saturday 28 February 2015

The Infinity Dreams Award


First of all, thanks so very much to the wonderful Jay of Books By Jay for nominating me to do this!  As with most of these, there are some basic rules:

-  Thank and follow the blog that nominated you
-  Tell us 11 facts about you
-  Answer the questions that were set up for you
-  Nominate 11 and make your questions for them

And as with most of these that I do, I am going to probably break them.

I'll start off with the facts about me:

1.  I become easily attached to television shows.  I don’t know what it is, but as soon as I watch more than 3 episodes, I know that I’m going to at least finish the season.

2.  I have strange thumbs.  They are unusually…wide.  I looked it up one day and I found this wikipedia page for the “condition” and a support group!

3.  I don’t really like shopping.  I like the satisfaction of finding something that I need and I like the feeling of having something new, but all the in between stuff… not so much.  The notable exception to this are book stores.

4.  I’m weird about people touching my neck.  Please don’t do it.  I will scream.

5.  I have an instagram!  Yes, I am shamelessly self promoting.

6.  This video makes me cry (from happiness, don’t worry).
If you don’t have the time or patience to watch it, it’s footage from after a tornado a few years ago and an elderly lady is talking about how she thinks she’s lost her dog in the storm, but then he climbs out of the rubble behind her, and wow it’s great stuff.  I have it saved as a bookmark, no joke.

7.  I used to be in love with fashion design.  I’d draw items of clothing and cut them out and make outfits and everything.

8.  I’m an extreme introvert.  There's nothing much else to add to that.



9.  I'm starting university next week!  I'm studying Wildlife and Conservation Biology.

10.  I adore Pokemon?
(I'm really running out of things to say)

11.  Here's the fact that I use all the time: I am partially deaf in one ear due to some arachnoid cysts in my head.  They sound really scary if you look them up, but really, apart from the hearing thing and getting a lot of headaches, they haven't done anything that bad.


Now here's Jay's questions:

1.  5 books that you’re ashamed to have on your TBR?
- Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan
- Cinder by Marissa Meyer
- The Iron Trial by Holly Black and Cassandra Clare
- The Lord of the Rings by J. R. R. Tolkien
- The Outsiders by S. E. Hinton







I’m ashamed about not having yet read these.  I don’t think there’s any books I’m ashamed to want to read.

2.  What is you reading goal for 2015?
I’ve got it set at 45 books on Goodreads but I really want to read 52 - an average of one a week.  I know, I’m a slow reader.

3.  What is one book character that you love, but everybody else seems to hate?
I don’t know if I have one!  Maybe Mal from Shadow and Bone?  I don't love him, but people seem to dislike him.  I haven’t read past the first book though, so I don’t know if that will change!

4.  What is your biggest fear?
I have a phobia of spiders.  Definitely.  It's something about the way the move.  They pretend that they're really slow but then BAM they can jump on you.  Ick, I even feel uncomfortable from typing this.

5.  Hardcovers or paperbacks?
Hardcovers are definitely prettier, but paperbacks are more practical.

6.  What is your favourite animal?
Tigers, dogs, turtles and dolphins have a special place in my heart.

7.  Do you have any hidden talents?
Not unless you count the ability to sit around all day doing nothing.

8.  Do you play any sports?
Not anymore unfortunately.  I used to play netball though.

9.  Who is your ultimate celebrity crush?







Grrr that third image doesn't fit right and it's getting on my nerves but it's just going to have to do!

These are in no particular order, by the way, but by picture order:  Colton Haynes (played Jackson on Teen Wolf), Taylor Lautner (this stemmed from my Twilight days, I'm going to be honest), Trent Bell (sings in a group called The Collective - from X Factor Australia.  I followed his auditions for about 3 years and was super happy when he finally got through to the live shows!), Tyler Hoechlin (plays Derek from Teen Wolf), Tom Welling (plays Clark Kent in Smallville.  I've put in a picture from when he was younger, but he's not looking too bad these days either!) and I figured I may as well put in my girl crush of Scarlett Johansson too - she's stunning and a great actress!

10.  What kind of music is your favourite?
To be honest I have no clue about genres, but if you want to see some of the music I listen to, you can check out my Soundtrack Saturday posts.

11.  What are 5 books that affected you deeply / made you cry?
I’m really easy to make cry, not gonna lie.  This is especially true for last books in series.  Here’s some books that made me ugly cry:







So that's that then!  I'm sure if you've been here a while, you know how horrible I am at tagging people.  I'm too worried about annoying them!  If you'd like to say that I nominated you though, here's 11 questions:

1.  Where do you store your books?
2.  What are some of your favourite book covers?
3.  What is your favourite way to spend a summer day?
4.  Favourite ice-cream flavour?
5.  Would you rather live without books or live without internet?
6.  What is something you would like to learn more about in general?
7.  If you could choose to sky dive or go scuba diving, which one would you pick?
8.  Are you a jewellery person?
9.  Do you collect anything besides books?
10.  Do you have any favourite tv shows?
11.  Describe your ideal day.

Thank you for reading!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for doing this! I loved reading your facts, so fun! :)

    I also haven't read The Lightning Thief and Cinder.. Bad, I know..

    TAYLOR LAUTNER AND COLTON HAYNES! I congratulate you on this choice <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked it :)

      Well, we're in it together at least!

      Hehehe :P

      Delete
  2. I hate shopping as well, especially clothes. My problem is trying things on; I would just buy it and then return it. I haven't read Cinder as well but that's gonna change this year since the last book in the series is coming out at the end of the year I believe. And oh, hardbacks.... if they weren't so expensive....
    Believe me, the ability to sit around and do nothing all day is a great one ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would much prefer to do that too.
      Yeah, I'm hoping to read Cinder this year also :)
      So very expensive...
      Haha! I'm happy you think so!

      Delete

Related Posts
Back to Top