Sunday 9 November 2014

The Gif Tag

I've been tagged!  Noelia over at A Day in Bookland has kindly tagged me for the Gif Tag, in which you respond to different books with, you guessed it, gifs.  So, a huge thank you to Noelia, and here goes:

A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness


This was a sad one.  Brilliant, but sad.  I loved it.

Wonder by R. J. Palacio


I am hiding my face because I have not yet read it.  I plan to.  Soon.

The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follet


Historical fiction?  Sounds good.  973 page classic?  Not so much.
I don't think I could handle this one at this point in time.

Ready Player One by Ernest Cline


I've heard nothing but amazing things about this book, but for some reason I am apprehensive.  I'm not sure if it's something that I will like.  I've also heard that there are a lot of references in the novel, and I don't want to be that person that doesn't catch any of them.  But... I am thinking about it.  It has to have an average rating of 4.30 on Goodreads for a reason.

Me and Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews


Despite my best attempts to hate the main character (because, damn, he was selfish), I really enjoyed this book and how much it made me laugh.

The Maze Runner by James Dashner


The fact that I have not yet read this book frustrates me to no end.  Yeah, I could easily fix that and just read it, but why do things the simple way?  Now that I'm pretty sure I've missed my chance to see it at the movies, I have to wait until it's just about to come out on DVD so I can have the story fresh in my mind for then.

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green


This was my first John Green book and is my favourite so far.  I don't think I need to explain the gif.

A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin


Alternative caption: Someday I will get through it.

Stardust by Neil Gaiman


I absolutely adore this movie.  So much so, that I am afraid of reading the book, because I've heard that it's fairly different.  I believe I'll pick it up eventually though.

The Boy in the Striped Pajamas by John Boyne


I've been avoiding this one for a long time.  Though I usually end up enjoying books to do with war (I've had to read a few for school), to state the obvious, there is something especially horrifying about them in the fact that variations of these things actually happened due to humans.  I also know how this story ends and I have no intention of putting myself through that.


So that was The Gif Tag!  Thanks again to Noelia for tagging me.  These are the books I've picked:

Angelfall by Susan Ee
Divergent by Veronica Roth
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell
Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
Twilight by Stephanie Meyer
Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout
The Archived by Victoria Schwab
Paper Towns by John Green

And these are the people I'm going to tag:

&

along with anyone else who wants to join in!  Just be sure to let me know if you do!

8 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA I'm dying with some of your gifs LOL
    The hedgehog one is so cute *__* and I understand how you might feel about The Pillers of the Earth (I had quite a laugh when I saw that particular gif). It's true is a chunk of a book but oh, it's so good! Ken Follet is an amazing storyteller and I read the books in 5 days... I couldn't put it down!
    About Ready Player One, I didn't get all the references, don't worry... it's not the most important thing of the book - at least for me. The story was fantastic and so much more than meets the eye, you know?
    I didn't like Stardust. I read the book before going to the movies and I left the cinema thinking: JEEZ, THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I'VE ENJOYED THE MOVIE A WHOLE LOT MORE THAN THE BOOK. And it doesn't happen too often. The movie was just <3
    I was a walking tear after I finished TFIOS. That book. THAT BOOK!
    And The Boy in The Striped Pajamas is different as well from the movie. The book is such a quick read and it's tell from the kid POV so there is a lot left to the readers imagination, which is great but I also enjoyed the movie a bit more because the show more stuff
    Thanks for doing the tag, I had so much fun reading your "answers" ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahaha I'm glad you liked them :P The hedgehog is a particular favourite of mine.
      5 days? Wow. I will have to read it if you enjoyed it that much.
      I'm glad to hear that the references aren't so important. Maybe I will have to reconsider.
      I've heard that from a lot of people (about Stardust). It's so strange to think that the movie was better than the book in most people's eyes! And because of this, it makes me simultaneously want to and not want to read the book - if that makes any sense at all.
      Yes! It was a rollercoaster of emotions!
      I can see how being told from a kid's point of view would change things. Hmmm.
      No worries! I had a lot of fun doing it! :)

      Delete
  2. I really want to read Ready Player One too!
    TFiOS was my first and favorite John Green book too, and I feel like you chose the perfect gif.
    The hedgehog is so cute!

    Thank you so much for tagging me :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool!
      Hehe thanks :P
      I know right?

      You're welcome!

      Delete
  3. Fantastic GIFs! From all the hilarious ones I've seen through the GIF tag, I'm now compiling a folder of them for usage in later book reviews/challenges xD THE HEDGEHOG IS SO ADORABLE. Like, I literally spent two minutes just watching the hedgehog bob its head. And the GIF you chose for Pillars of the Earth is perfection. How do you find these?

    To be honest, you're not missing too much with The Maze Runner.. I mean, the concept is really interesting, but I was underwhelmed by the characters, writing, and general execution. The movie was actually better, in my opinion (and I rarely ever think the movie is better, so that's saying a LOT).
    Thanks for the tag, you have a great list of books. It's nice that I've read some and only heard of others, so I can have a mix of reactions in there ;)

    - Connie @ The YA Book Thief

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahaha thanks :P I do like that little hedgehog. I have been collecting gifs for a few years now. I don't know why - I never really used them until now. About three years ago I used to go on the website called thatssotrue.com and I'd just save all the gifs that I liked to my computer. I also get some from Tumblr, but they're usually only the funny ones that aren't really suitable for reactions. So that's my sad yet honest answer :P

      That's a shame about The Maze Runner. The fact that you liked the movie better is really setting off alarm bells in my head. I'm going to have to read it eventually though because it's one of the very few books that my sister actually enjoyed and she's going to force me.
      I'm glad that you find the list okay. I tried to use a bit of a mix. I'm also glad that you've read some of them!

      Delete
  4. Oh, that hedgehog is so cute! You know, I don't think I've ever actually seen one in person...

    Thanks very much for tagging me! Here are my responses: http://never-anyone-else.blogspot.com/2014/11/sunday-funday-gif-tag-edition.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I have either, to be honest!

      Thanks so much for responding! I'll go check that out now!

      Delete

Related Posts
Back to Top