Thursday 3 July 2014

July TBR

I think I'm stretching my limits with this TBR considering I've been struggling to finish even one book a week lately, not to mention the length of some of these books...
Anyway, if I don't finish these this month, they'll most likely carry on to August.


First up is Beauty Queens by Libba Bray.  I'm hoping to finish this soon because I've already started it - I'm almost 100 pages in.  However, if I don't end up getting more drawn into it, I might put it down.  So far, it's been really strange but also funny, so I'll see how it goes.


Next I'm hoping to pick up Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor.  I've heard great things about this series, so assuming that I enjoy the first book, I'll probably continue on with the trilogy this month.


After those, or possibly in between, I think I will read The Maze Runner by James Dashner.  I've currently got this from the library, so I may run out of time to read it before it's due back, but hopefully not!  Not only have I heard that the first two books in this series are amazing, but I want to read it before the movie (starring Dylan O'Brien) comes out.

On top of these, I need to reread Brooklyn by Colm Toibin and The Quiet American by Graham Greene for school (since I can't remember all the details).  Also I've been waiting for Origin (Lux #4) by Jennifer L. Armentrout from the library for a few months and it might arrive for me this month.

So this month is going to be busy for me reading-wise!  Hopefully I can get at least most of these read! :)

2 comments:

  1. OMG. Read Daughter of Smoke and Bone. I'm on the last one now and she inspires me to improve my writing so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ended up starting it yesterday - loving it so far, the writing is amazing!

      Delete

Related Posts
Back to Top